Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Little Food News

Hopefully someday I will grow the balls to wear this in public

As many people know, I thoroughly enjoy all aspects of cooking; whether it be doing it on my own, watching shows like Top Chef and Iron Chef, or reading about it. My sister informed me of some interesting news, that Rocco Cima(pictured below), a DJ from Q102, will be opening a restaurant on Passyunk Avenue in South Philly. At first I thought it would not look remotely appealing but after checking out the menu and idea, it seems pretty intriguing. Read more about it here: http://philadelphia.grubstreet.com/2009/07/what_to_eat_at_fuel_opening_se.html

Believe it or not, this guy can cook.

The Food Network had a show last year called The Next Iron Chef in which numerous well-known executive chefs competed over weeks to become, yes you guessed, the Next Iron Chef. Last year Michael Symon beat John Besh which I was not very enthused about because John Besh is a boss and Michael Symon is kind of annoying. But this year, Philadelphia's own Jose Garces will be competing on the show, which begins October 4th. He owns a few restaurants in Philly, none of which I have been to but I certainly plan to. He was actually a challenger on Iron Chef America not too long ago and he kicked the habaneros out of Bobby Flay.

Top Chef Las Vegas contestants

Jose Garces is not the only chef from Philadelphia that will be competing on a cooking show this year, 2 others will be on Top Chef Las Vegas. They would be Jennifer Zavala(pitcured above, 5th from left) from El Camino Real and Jennifer Carroll(pictured above, middle, wearing black) from Eric Ripert's 10 Arts. I have not been to either and don't really plan on going because both are pretty damn expensive. Top Chef Las Vegas starts August 26th and I am very excited for it, partially because I get to see Padma and Gail more often.


Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment