Sunday, July 26, 2009

Upcoming Films

There are two movies that I am very excited to see later on this year. Up has been my favorite so far but then again, I haven't seen many in theaters. The one that I am most excited for is Where the Wild Things Are. The movie is directed by Spike Jonze and he wrote the screenplay along with Dave Eggers, who is one of my favorite authors. It was probably my favorite book as a kid and that contributes to my excitement for it, along with the trailer which looks amazing.

The other movie I am excited about is Fantastic Mr. Fox. It is an adaptation of the children's book of the same written by Roald Dahl. The film is directed by Wes Anderson and features the voices of regulars in Anderson's films such as Bill Murray, George Clooney, Jason Schwartzman, and Ryan's favorite, Owen Wilson. There is no trailer out yet but some stills from the movie appeared online recently and they look pretty sweet.


You can see more pictures from Fantastic Mr. Fox here: http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/l090724_mister_fox/flash.htm?gid=1114&aid=5104

Where the Wild Things Are and Fantastic Mr. Fox come out in theaters October 16, 2009 and November 13, 2009, respectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment